Grounding Shoes Benefits
Footwear to keep you grounded
In our modern, busy lifestyles we don’t always notice how cut off from the Earth we have become. We live in insulated homes, work in high rise offices and cover our feet with socks and rubber-soled shoes. Our planet offers free electrons to help our bodies function at their best, yet most of us don’t make the most of this. Studies have shown that regular earthing helps to significantly reduce inflammation which is the leading cause of chronic disease so incorporating this practice into our daily lives couldn’t be more important.
Why wear earthing footwear?
Kicking off your shoes and taking a stroll along the beach or through a field would be an ideal way to get your grounding in each day. However, this isn’t always possible or practical (or appealing ... particularly in winter!) Or perhaps going barefoot just isn’t for you, so we’re here to show you ways in which you can achieve these results with earthing footwear without compromising on comfort.
Footwear designed specifically for earthing includes conductive elements to allow the electrons from the conductive surface of the Earth to transfer into our body. Instead of cutting ourselves off from the Earth, we can still stay connected whilst also protecting our feet from harsh elements. Earthing footwear can help us to stay grounded while going about our daily activities when in contact with a conductive outdoor surface such as grass, soil, sand, rock and concrete.
Here at Grounded Wellness, we have a range of earthing footwear including everything from sandals to trainers, walking shoes and even hiking shoes, all of which can be paired with a pair of Grounding Socks. There is something suitable for everyone!
Benefits of wearing earthing footwear
Earthing benefits our health in so many ways and these benefits can be enjoyed as much when we wear earthing footwear as when we are barefoot. Key benefits include:
- Reduced inflammation by allowing excess electrical charges to flow out of the body which can then help reduce pain and discomfort in the body. Negative electrons received from the earth can neutralise the free radicals that cause inflammation.
- Increased energy and reduced fatigue by balancing the body’s electrical charge. Wearing earthing footwear provides a direct physical connection to the Earth’s surface which can help boost energy levels.
- Improved sleep by connecting with the earth’s natural energy which allows the body to relax and promote restful sleep. Earthing has been shown to reduce insomnia by increasing melatonin production and regulating circadian rhythms. Wearing grounding shoes can help to improve the quality of sleep by reducing stress and anxiety as well as helping to regulate your body’s natural sleep-wake cycle.
- Promote healing by receiving natural energy from the earth. This can help with healing injuries faster as well as reducing pain and discomfort. Earthing footwear can help to strengthen the immune system by promoting relaxation and reducing stress levels and the negative effects this has on the body.
- Enhanced mood as when the body is grounded, it can promote a sense of well-being and can reduce stress. Earthing footwear can help you stay grounded for longer which helps promote overall better health.
What are my earthing footwear options?
At Grounded Wellness, we currently stock Earth Runners minimalise grounding sandals, Harmony 783 grounding shoes, ErtheX grounding shoe straps and grounding socks that can be worn as an accessory with a pair of grounding shoes.
Earth Runners Sandals
Earth Runners sandals offer the ultimate minimalist sandal experience. They promote physical health by putting our feet back in connection with the Earth.
Earth Runners keep up grounded by having stainless steel lined laces which are grounded via a copper ground plug exposed on the outsole. This allows electrons to flow freely between the body and Earth and effectively grounds the body via intimate connection of lace and foot giving a similar effect of being barefoot.
Discover the Earth Runners collection here.
Harmony 783 Grounding Shoes
The Harmony 783 footwear range includes a number of different styles to suit everyone; from running shoes, walking shoes and even hiking shoes. This stylish range allows you to have earthing shoes suitable for different activities and purposes so you’re not limited as to when you can get grounded.
Harmony 783 grounding shoes feature fully conductive carbon and rubber outsoles that are bio-mechanically engineered for comfort and support. They use a patent pending technology called Groundworks™ which features 99.99% pure silver through the midsoles with microfiber footbeds and are stitched with pure silver thread thus enabling the flow of natural energy into the body. The shoes are custom crafted to enable the electrons from the earth to be absorbed from the ground into the body.
Discover the Harmony 783 collection of grounding shoes here.
Erthe X Grounding Shoe Strap
The ErtheX grounding shoe strap fits all shoes and let’s you connect to the Earth whilst you are outside. It can be used as a single strap on a single shoe or with two straps on both shoes at the same time. The ErtheX strap works by having a tab with a carbon insert that is placed inside your shoe and under your foot, which is then connected to a polyrubber strap with a carbon layer that sticks to the outside wall of your shoes, this then has another tab with a carbon insert that sticks to the bottom of your shoe and has contact with the the ground.
The ErtheX Grounding Shoe Strap features Spaceflex technology; the revolutionary viscoelastic polymer means ErtheX flexes and stretches with your shoe for high impact and dynamic use. It is lightweight with only a 0.25mm thickness so you won’t even notice you’re wearing it. By simply using an ErtheX Grounding Strap on your shoe or trainer you will be earthed when walking on grass, soil, sand, gravel, stone, unsealed tiles and concrete footpaths and sidewalks.
Check out the ErtheX Grounding Shoe Strap here.
Made with silver fibres for conductivity, grounding socks enable the transfer of electrons when in direct contact with the Earth or when paired with an earthing product or a pair of earthing shoes. As well as being highly conductive, silver also has strong anti-bacterial properties making them a perfect choice for footwear.
Discover the full range of Earthing Footwear available at Grounded Wellness today.