The Grounding Mouse Mat Kit is a great way to connect to the Earth’s limitless supply of antioxidant-producing electrons, discharge electrical stress and restore your body to its natural electrical state and to facilitate healing.
Supplied with an earthing straight cord and earthing UK adapter plug. Please contact us if you require a different plug type for your country.
Earthing or grounding, makes use of free electrons from the Earth to re-balance your body, stabilise it's bio-electrical system and fight free radicals. Published research on earthing indicates a broad array of favourable health-related results including:
To read more on the benefits of grounding yourself, please click here.
While it is not essential to have bare skin against the mat it is preferable. Why? You will still be earthed if there is a layer of clothing between you and the mat, however, the effectiveness will vary depending on factors such as the thickness of the clothes and perspiration, which acts as a conductor. For maximum grounding, bare skin usually works best.
In order to use your grounding product, you must connect it to the “earth port” of a grounded 3 prong outlet. Before plugging in your grounding product, you must check that the outlet is grounded by plugging in a power outlet tester.
Three orange lights illuminated is GOOD and means that you have a proper earth and you are ready to connect your earthing product. Any other light combination means your outlet is NOT properly earthed and you should consult an electrician. Otherwise you will need to use a grounding rod in the optional step 2 below.
1. First Push the Ground Rod directly into the earth 20 to 25cm close to the foundation of the building.
2. Run the cord from the Ground Rod, under or around a window or door, near where you will be using your product.
3. Make sure to cover the cord to prevent tripping.
4. Plug the prong end of your cord into the receptacle end of the Ground Rod cord. If you live in a dry area, such as a desert, soak the earth around the Ground Rod from time to time for maximum conductivity.
1. Decide where you want to use the Mouse Mat
2. Attach snap end of earthing cord to snap nub on mat.
3. Insert prong end of earthing cord into one hole in the earthing adapter plug supplied, or into earthing ground rod cord if you use a ground rod connection. The mat is conductive on the snap side only.
4. Ideally you should have bare skin contact with the connected mat, but you can also use it to sit on through clothes. Once slight perspiration builds up it will allow the electrons to flow through from the mat and into the body.
The purpose of the tester is to verify that your grounding mat is conductive. To verify that the Product Tester is working, press down on the button that says “press” and then release. The light on front will flash green once and then go off. This indicates tester is good. (If no green light then replace the battery Lithium CR2032.)
1. Snap Coil Cord included onto Product Tester’s metal press stud, if not already assembled.
2. Insert your earthing Adapter Plug into the power outlet you intend to use with your product.
3. Insert prong end of Product Tester Cord into one receptacle of the adapter plug or if using a Ground Rod, attach a splitter to end of ground rod cord and insert into one of the receptacles.
4. Plug the straight cord from the mat into the other receptacle. You should now have both the grounding mat and tester connected to the same plug that is in a power outlet.
5. Place product tester flat on the mat. The round metal plate must be in contact with surface of the mat. Press firmly on the mat to obtain a good contact and press down on the "Press" button. A green light means that the mat is in working order. In the unlikely case that no green light comes on, the mat may be defective or has lost conductivity and should be replaced – you should also check your connecting cords to make sure they are conductive as well :
Test Your Product Cords For Conductivity: Replace the coil cord already on the product tester with the cord to be tested. Touch the metal pin of the testing cord to the back of the metal disk on the tester. Hold down and press the “Press” button for at least 3 seconds. A green light indicates that the cord is in good working order.
To clean the mat, simply wipe down the pad using a non corrosive cleaner. Do not use chlorine bleach or liquid fabric softener, or any detergent containing bleach or fabric softener, chemicals that can ruin the conductivity of the mat. Do not apply lotions, creams, or oils to the skin before bedtime on parts of your body that will be in contact with the grounding mat. Such substances oxidize and can damage conductivity. Air dry the mat only.
A Power Outlet Tester should be used to verify that your electrical outlet is wired properly for grounding. Simply plug it into an outlet, turn on the power and 3 amber lights will read that your outlet is grounded and ready for use with an earthing product.
The thin black top conductive layer is the layer that your body makes contact with. It is made of PU (Polyurethane) leather. Leather look-alike items made with polyurethane (PU) are very consumer friendly and safe, unlike older PVC leathers. Our PU Leather is vinyl free, and platelet free.
The thin black layer of PU leather is infused with carbon. Carbon is the 2nd most abundant element in the human body after oxygen. The carbon is what conducts the earth's energy. It also makes the leather flame-resistant naturally without the use of harsh flame-resistant chemicals. The PU Leather would not be conductive without the addition of carbon.
The bottom or non- conductive layer is made of TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) closed cell foam. This is among the safest foam used. It is latex and PVC free. This is the same foam used in footwear, and even in children’s foam toys.
Although it is highly unlikely that you will be hit by lightning, it is recommended to follow standard lightning safety guidelines as directed by the UK Met Office and disconnect your earthing devices (along with electrical devices) during lightning and thunderstorms.
Due to the growing popularity of these products, there are now imitations and counterfeits appearing on the market. Everything we sell is a genuine Groundology™ product. Please be aware that official distributors are not permitted to sell on marketplaces such as Amazon and eBay, and so products sold there are not likely to be genuine.
We offer a 2 year repair or replacement warranty on our genuine earthing products, which covers any defects that may inhibit your products from earthing effectively. This warranty does not cover cosmetic imperfections that may appear after normal use and washing, that DON'T affect the product’s earthing effectiveness. The products must be used and cared for in accordance with the care instructions we include with all earthing products.
Please click here to read more about our warranty policy.
Join our club by subscribing to our newsletter today.
Join Our Club